How to unsend an email if you use outlook?
Can I unsend an email in outlook?
Absolutely ! it is possible to unsend an email in outlook but there are various factors to take into consideration. In this article, we will show you how to unsend in outlook in few simple steps !
Why would you want to unsend an email in outlook?
There are several reasons why you might want to unsend emails in Outlook or any other email client. Here are a few common scenarios :
- Error or Mistake: Sometimes, while drafting or sending an email, you may notice an error or mistake. It could be a typographical error, incorrect recipient, wrong attachment, or even an unintended message content. Unsending the email allows you to rectify the mistake before the recipient reads it.
- Incomplete or Accidental Send: There are instances when you accidentally hit the send button before completing the email or reviewing it thoroughly. Unsending the email gives you the opportunity to finish composing or proofreading the message before sending it again.
- Confidential or Sensitive Information: In cases where you accidentally send an email containing sensitive or confidential information to the wrong person, unsending it promptly can help prevent unauthorized access or potential data breaches. It allows you to rectify the situation and resend the email to the correct recipient.
- Immediate Change of Decision: Sometimes, after sending an email, you may reconsider your decision or change your mind about the content or instructions provided. Unsending the email enables you to retract the message, providing you with the chance to send a revised email with updated information or instructions.
It’s important to note that the ability to unsend emails largely depends on the specific email service or client being used, as well as the settings and configurations in place. Not all email platforms provide an unsend feature, and even when available, there may be limitations on the time frame or effectiveness of the feature.
To unsend emails in Outlook, follow these steps.
How to unsend emails in outlook for PC?
To unsend an email in Outlook for pc, you can follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook: Launch the Outlook application on your computer. Make sure you are logged in with the email account from which you sent the email you want to unsend.
2. Navigate to the “Sent Items” folder: Click on the “Folder” tab in the top menu bar. Then, locate and select the “Sent Items” folder in the sidebar. This will display a list of all the emails you have sent.
3. Open the sent email: Find the email you want to unsend and double-click on it to open it in a separate window.
4. Access the “File” Tab to the left of the section “message”
5. Then click on Recall the email: Within the “Message” tab, you will find the “Actions” group. Click on the dropdown arrow next to “Actions” to expand the menu, and then select “Recall This Message.”
6. Then choose the recall options: A dialog box will appear with two options. Select either “Delete unread copies of this message” or “Delete unread copies and replace with a new message.” The first option will simply delete the email, while the second option will allow you to compose a new email to replace the original.
What we want to do is to click on the first option in order to unsend an email in outlook.
After choosing the first option, click “OK” to confirm and initiate the process.
and that’s it ! your done.
We also suggest you visit the official microsoft website if you have any questions.
How to unsend emails in outlook for mobile ?
To unsend emails in Outlook for mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Outlook app: Launch the Outlook app on your mobile device and sign in with your email account.
- Access the “Sent” folder: Tap on the menu icon (usually represented by three horizontal lines) located in the top-left corner of the app screen. From the menu, find and select the “Sent” folder. This will display a list of all the emails you have sent.
- Select the email to unsend: Scroll through the list and tap on the email you want to unsend. This will open the email in a separate window.
- Tap the three-dot menu: Look for the three-dot menu icon (usually located in the top-right or bottom-right corner of the email window) and tap on it to reveal additional options.
- Choose “Recall This Message”: From the menu options, locate and select “Recall This Message.” This will prompt a confirmation dialog.
- Confirm the recall: In the confirmation dialog, you may be given the option to choose between “Delete unread copies of this message” or “Delete unread copies and replace with a new message.” Select the desired recall option.
- Complete the recall: Once you’ve made your selection, tap “OK” or “Confirm” to initiate the recall process.
It’s important to note that the success of the email recall depends on various factors, such as the recipient’s email settings and whether they have already read the message. If the recipient has already opened the email, the recall attempt may not be successful, and they will still be able to see the original message.