You want to enable “push” notifications to follow the latest news of a website? Here is an article to learn how to activate them easily on your computer or mobile phone.
Activating the “Web Push” service with Chrome
Follow these steps if you want to enable Web Push notification in Chrome :
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Scroll down to “Notifications”.
- Click on the arrow on the right
In this section, a list of URLs of websites you have subscribed to will appear. Select the URL of the website you wish to subscribe to. Here you can allow, deny, or completely delete a website URL.
Enable push notifications from your Firefox Browser
If you are using the Firefox browser follow these steps:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser, then go to the Firefox menu (top right) and select “Options/Preferences”.
- Select “Privacy & Security” and scroll down to the “Permissions” section.
- Click on the “Settings…” button to the right of Notifications.
- Select “Allow” or “Block” from the drop-down list in the Status column of any of the websites.
- Click the “Save Changes” button.
Websites will need to ask for your permission to send notifications in the future.
Enabling push notifications with a Safari Browser
To enable push notifications on the Safari browser, follow these steps:
- Open your Safari browser and click on “Safari”. Under the Safari panel, click on “Preferences”.
- Select the website you want to add to the notification section. Click “Allow” or “Deny” depending on your preference.
How to activate the Web Push service with your phone
Enable notifications on Android devices
If you wish to activate them from your mobile phone, follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the Menu (top right) under this section, press “Settings”.
- Scroll down and click on “Site Settings”.
- In Site Settings, continue scrolling the page and choose “Notifications”.
- In the Notifications section, select the site you wish to allow or deny web push services.
- By selecting the website you will be able to request to allow or block notifications. Choose the option according to your preference.