Outlook is one of the most popular email providers on the Internet today. Apart from its basic functions as an email provider, it offers users access to Outlook calendar, which helps especially with office work overload. Check out our selection of the best calendar app.
Before we go into the details of Outlook calendar, let’s list a few of the advantages of Outlook as an email provider. Find out how to access your Hotmail account in Outlook.
First off, Outlook allows you to work with your emails even when you are not connected to the Internet. Second, the search functionality is flexible and offers several options for better results. Moreover, users can flag and pin important emails to let them stand out in a multitude of emails. For further information, consider reading our Outlook vs Gmail article.
How to create an event in Outlook calendar?
It is easy to add an event to your calendar. Follow these steps to create one.
1. Open your Outlook calendar from your Start menu or from Outlook.com
2. Click an empty time slot for your calendar event
3. Type a name for the event.
4. Select a time interval for the event.
5. Input the location, and select a reminder time.
7. Click “Save” to add the event.
How to set up an email reminder for an event?
As you make use of your calendar app, you don’t have to constantly check for any upcoming events. In fact, Outlook calendar can send you an email for every event you create. To set up an email reminder for an event, do the following.
1. Open your Outlook calendar
2. Click the event in question, and select “Edit”.
3. Click “More options”.
4. Under the “Remind me” option, select “Add email reminder”.
5. In the popup window, click “Add email reminder”.
6. In the “Remind me” dropdown menu, set the reminder time.
7. Enter the reminder message in the box, and click “Save”.
How to share an Outlook calendar?
Sometimes you need to let others know your schedule. To share an Outlook calendar, proceed as follows.
1. Open your Calendar folder, and click “Share Calendar” from the Home menu.
2. Select the calendar you wish to share from the dropdown menu.
3. In the Calendar Properties window, click “Add”.
4. Type the email addresses from which people can access your calendar, or input them from your contact book, and click “OK”.
5. Under “Currently sharing with”, select each element, and assign it to a level of permission from the list below “Permissions”.
6. When finished, click “OK”.
How to synchronize Outlook and Google calendar?
In addition to letting other people access your Outlook calendar, you can also sync your Outlook and Google calendar. To do so, follow these steps.
1. Open your Google calendar
2. Click “My calendars”, hover your cursor over the calendar to share, and click on the three dots next to it.
3. Select “Settings”.
4. Under “Integrate Calendar”, right-click on “Secret address in iCal format”, and select “Copy”.
5. In your Outlook calendar, go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
6. Open the Internet Calendar tab, and click “New”.
7. Press Control + V to paste the iCal address, and click “Add”.
8. Type the display name of your Google calendar, and click “OK”.