In this guide, we’ll walk you through the simple and effective steps of how to block an email address on Hotmail. Say goodbye to unwanted messages in no time!
How to block Emails on Hotmail
Blocking emails on Hotmail is quite similar to blocking emails on Outlook. You can easily block a sender on Outlook.com by following these steps:
Block an Email Address on Hotmail on Outlook.com
To block an Email on Hotmail from web browser:
- Go to Outlook in your web browser.
- Log in to your Hotmail account if not already done.
- Locate the email you want to block.
- On the email’s right side, click the three dots (more actions).
- From the dropdown, choose “Block” and confirm.
- Click “OK” on the prompt to confirm.
The sender’s email will be deleted, and future messages from them won’t reach your mailbox.
Block Emails on Hotmail on Phone
If you’re using the Outlook mobile app and want to block an email address on your Hotmail account, note that the app doesn’t offer a direct blocking option. Still, you can take action by moving emails to the Spam folder:
- Open the Outlook mobile app.
- Pick an email from the sender you want to block.
- In the bottom toolbar, find and tap ‘Move to.’
- Choose the ‘Junk’ folder to transfer the email to Spam.
Block Emails on Hotmail with Cleanfox 💡
Block and Delete Email in Cleanfox
There’s no doubt that Cleanfox is one of the fastest solution for blocking an email address.
To block an email in Cleanfox:
- Install Cleanfox and connect your inbox to the application.
- In “Newsletters” tab choose between “List” and “Card” view.
The “List” view gives you an overview of all your emails. In “Card view” you see emails one after the other, which can make cleaning up easier.
- In “Card” view, swipe left to block and delete emails from a sender.
- In “List” view, click on the red button (on the left) to block and delete emails from a sender.
In most cases, email blocking is 2 to 3 times faster using Cleanfox than manual blocking.
Unblock an Email address with Cleanfox
Cleanfox enables you to reverse any action including blocking an email address. To Unblock an email with Cleanfox follow these instructions:
- Open Cleanfox on your mobile device.
- Tap on “Reverse action” in the top right corner.
- Tap on “Automatically deleted” tab to only show blocked emails.
- Select the Email address you want to unblock by ticking the box next to it.
- Tap on “Cancel action” to unblock the email.
Congratulations you have now removed the email address blocked addresses.
FAQs – How to block an Email Address in Hotmail?
If you can’t block emails on Hotmail:
1. Remove the sender from your “safe sender list“. safe sender’s emails are are never treated as junk email, regardless of the content of the message. So, you can’t block any of them.
2. Create a rule on Outlook to stop spam coming to your inbox. More information are available on our guide How to stop spam Emails on Outlook.
No, a blocked email sender in Hotmail does not receive a notification or any indication that they have been blocked.
To block an Email on Hotmail on your phone, read the section “Block emails on Hotmail on phone“.
If you don’t use the Outlook app you can also learn how to block Emails on iPhone on Apple mail app with our dedicated article.
Hotmail does not provide a specific notification if someone blocks you. However, you might notice signs like no responses, delivery failures, or being unable to see their online status.