The social media Facebook is the most used in the whole world. Still, you realised that it is not that interesting after registering. In this case, you can deactivate your account and permanently delete it.
Indeed, like the other social medias, Facebook gives you the possibility to unsubscribe whenever you want from the phone app or a web browser. Find out how to delete a Facebook account.
Unsubscribe from Facebook
Two options are available to you if you’ve decided to unsubscribe from Mark Zuckerberg’s social media: The deactivation and permanent deletion of your account. In both cases, it is highly recommended to save all your data and contacts.
In order to do so, download all your information by following these steps:
- Click on the arrow at the top right of the homepage
- Go to “Settings” and then to “Your Facebook information”
- Click on “Download your information”
- Select the content that interests you then click on “Create an archive”
- Type in your password
The data selected will directly be transmitted to your mailbox.
If you choose to deactivate your Facebook account, you can retrieve it at any moment. On the other hand, deletion entails the complete destruction of your account after a certain amount of time.
If you are absolutely certain you want to delete your Facebook account, it is also recommended to delete your cookies and saved password to ensure that the deletion is final.
How to delete your Facebook account on the website?
To permanently delete your Facebook account, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Facebook website on your web browser
- Click on the arrow on the top right corner of the screen and click on “Settings”
- Click on “Your Facebook information”
- Choose “Delete your account and data” then click on “delete my account”
- Type in your password then click on “Continue”
- Validate by clicking once more on “Continue to account deletion”
How to delete your Facebook account through the application?
In order to delete your account from the Facebook application:
- Go to the menu then click on “Settings & Privacy”
- Click on “Privacy shortcuts”
- Select “Delete your account and information”
Now, you can simply deactivate your account or delete it:
- Click on “Delete the account” and confirm by clicking on “Continue the account’s deletion”
- Select “Delete the account” and confirm by typing your password
- Uninstall the Facebook application from your smartphone and every other device
Deletion delay of a Facebook account
You can cancel the deletion of your Facebook account in the 30 days following its suppression. For that, you simply need to reconnect by using your email address or your phone number and the associated password.
Your personal data can be stored in the Facebook’s data recovery systems for a period of 90 days. During this timelapse, your data will not be accessible on the social media.
Do you wish to quickly delete the notifications and ads filling your mailbox? Get help from the Cleanfox software which recuperates unnecessary emails and gives you the choice of keeping them, deleting them or unsubscribing in a single click.